Sunday, July 15, 2012

SK Mission 1

Helping the homeless was a good experience.  I met up with a friend and her daughters and we went to Skid Row in Los Angeles.  As we pulled up, there were a few other cars handing out food and water.  We found a place and begin handing out soups, granola bars and water.  They were quite appreciative and even in their situation was in good spirits.  It went pretty fast and it seemed like you never have enough.  As we left, I felt like I could have done more.  It was my first experience and next time I will be bringing more friends.  We will have more food, water and even include hygiene kits.  I enjoyed helping them and will try to do it every month.  It leaves your heart full and makes you appreciate more of what you have.  I ask that we all take the time to do this once a month or when you can.  There are people who need help and we have to think what if we were in this situation. 

SK Energy is all about feeding a billion and not only can we help feed a billion African people, we can help feed the people in need in our own communities.  Lets do this!  Lets make a difference!

Please go http://www.skenergyshots.com/ and learn about how you can help. 

No comments: